Selling your arts and crafts on Etsy can be very profitable if you learn how to market your items and reduce your costs. The following steps will give you advise on how increase Etsy sales and profits, and decrease expenses and wasted time.
Things You'll Need
- Etsy shop
- Internet service
- Digital camera
- Handmade arts and craft items
Visit and actively participate in the Etsy discussion forum. This is a great place to meet other Etsy sellers and get great advice. Once you get to know others they will likely check out your Etsy shop.
Buy supplies and inexpensive items from other Etsy sellers as a way to draw their attention to your Etsy shop. This is also a great way to increase your feedback rating if you are a new seller with little feedback.
Mark other Etsy sellers to your favorites list. When they check to see who Hearts them, they will see your Etsy icon and be tempted to check out your shop.
Occasionally sell an item for .01 cent. This will attract attention to your shop, leading potential buyers to view your other items.
Shoot and upload multiple good quality photos of your items. Make sure to take pictures outside in daylight, but not in direct sunlight. In addition don't have a bunch of junk in the background of your picture, it's distracts from the item.
List identical items as multiple quantities in a single listing, instead of listing the same identical items over and over. This will save you time, and time is money.
Instead of paying retail prices for your arts and craft supplies, search the Internet for wholesale suppliers. You might have to buy larger quantities, but in the long run your profits will be increased.
Attend a local community arts and crafts fair, or rent a table at a flea market. Bring a sample of your items and hand out business cards directing people to buy your items from your Etsy shop.
Send an email to all your friends, family and co-workers asking them to check out your Etsy store. In the email ask them to forward the email to all their friends and relatives.
Run occasional sales and promotions in your Etsy shop. Offer a percentage discount or free shipping to encouraging shoppers to buy more than one item or to spend a certain dollar amount.
Print up Refrigerator Thank You Magnets to send out with your orders. This is a great way to thank your customers, and get your Etsy shop name viewed on a daily basis. You can print small 1" by 3" thank you cards on your home printer, and then stick them to self adhesive magnets that you cut to size. See tips below.
Tips & Warnings
- You can purchase magnet sheets at Michaels' or at your local craft and hobby store.
- Print up business cards to carry with you, hand them out to potential customers.
- Wear your own handmade items to advertise them to the public.
- Give your Etsy items as thank you gifts to friends and co-workers.
- Give your handmade items as secret santa gifts and include a card with your Etsy shop name.
- Put a link to your Etsy shop in the signature line of your emails next to your address and phone number.
- Don't slack off on customer service, it will cost you customers and earn you negative feedback.
- Don't buy raw materials and supplies at retail arts and craft stores. They are way too expensive and cut into your profits.
- Photo Credit Google Images: designtalk.homevisions.com
How to Make a Living Selling Jewelry on Etsy
Etsy is an online marketplace for crafters and artisans to sell their handmade works. You can make a living selling handmade jewelry...
- How to Sell on Etsy
- How to Promote Your Etsy Shop
- How to Sell on Etsy for Maximum Success
How to Calculate Etsy Profit
Etsy is an online showcase where artisans and crafters can go to buy and sell their vintage and handmade items. It can...
- How to Market Your Etsy Shop
How Can I Get My Stuff Noticed on Etsy?
A new Etsy store needs exposure in order to achieve success. As with any small business, promotion and marketing are essential to...