Are you having trouble with defensive end in football? Do you want to learn how to be a great defensive end? Well this article will show you how to be a great defensive end.
Things You'll Need
- Cleats (optional)
- A Scout Offense (Optional)
- Football gear (optional)
- A dummy blocker
Get in your three point stance. Your stance should be low and comfortable. Keep your eyes on the football.
When the ball is snapped, keep a low pad level and banana off the card with your arm. DO NOT GO STRAIGHT FOR THE QB! YOUR job is to contain a pitch, option or outside run coming your way.
Once you finish your banana, you'll either have the runner tackled, or the runner ran inside which is good (the LB will pick him up). If it's a pass, turn directly towards the QB and sack him.
Tips & Warnings
- Your responsibility is to contain the outside run, reverse, option, pitch, etc. Do your job right and you'll get your stats.
- Keep a low pad level on the blocker.
- Don't be a christmas tree and stand up.
- Photo Credit http://www.nationalchamps.net/2006/preview/pics/small/nebraska_adam_carriker_sm.jpg; http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Anthony-Munoz---In-three-point-stance---Photofile-Photograph-I10108331.jpeg; http:
The Average Salaries for NFL Defensive Ends
Traditionally, defensive ends are the players on each end of a football team’s defense at the line of scrimmage. The ever-changing positions...
How to Become a Great Tight End in Football
Tight ends are among the best athletes in football. Some specialize in either blocking or receiving, but you must excel at both...
How to Become a Better Defensive Lineman
Reggie White, Bruce Smith and "Mean Joe" Greene, among the best defensive linemen in National Football League history, had a few things...
Requirements for a College Defensive End
Size, strength and speed contribute equally to becoming an effective collegiate defensive end, but those qualities alone will not guarantee success at...