If you have a background as a fitness instructor, then you may want to consider expanding your range of services to include water aerobics. To do this, you will need to become a certified water aerobics instructor. Certified water aerobics instructors enjoy working with a variety of people of all ages and fitness levels, including mothers and their newborns, the elderly and those recovering from physical injury. So, if you want to launch your fitness career to the next level, follow these steps to learn how you can become a certified water aerobics instructor.
Things You'll Need
- Documentation of any previous training or fitness certification
- General resume
Learn How to Become a Certified Water Aerobics Instructor
Get your foot in the fitness industry, if you haven't already. Participate in different classes to become familiar with different levels of fitness instruction before you endeavor to become a certified water aerobics instructor.
Talk to your instructors and fitness directors of the facilities in which you participate with or have membership to. These contacts will have the experience to best advise you on how to proceed to become a certified water aerobics instructor.
Understand that you may need additional certifications after you become a certified water aerobics instructor. For instance, if you intend to engage or even specialize in water aerobics instruction as part of a rehabilitation program, or offer personal training services, then you may be required to become certified in those areas as well.
Be aware that there may be a combination of training requirements involved in becoming a certified water aerobics instructor. While onsite instruction at a qualified certification facility is standard protocol, you may also be required to undergo written exams.
Expect your water aerobics instruction certification training to consist of theory as well as practical application.
Know that your certification as a water aerobics instructor must be renewed every two years.
Explore water aerobics instruction certification courses and procedures online from WaterArt Fitness International (see Resources below).
Tips & Warnings
- Depending on the certification training facility or organization that you join, you may be able to demonstrate your water aerobics instruction certification readiness by submitting a video tape rather than attending an onsite practical exam.
- Since all fitness instruction certifications must be renewed very two years, try to complete certification for all of your fitness courses and instruction levels at the same time to make the renewal process easier.
- How to Become an Aerobics Instructor
How to Become a Certified Fitness Instructor
A certified fitness instructor is a fitness professional who has taken a training workshop and certification test to demonstrate her knowledge and...
- How to Get Certification as a Water Aerobic Instructor
- How to Become a Water Aerobics Instructor
- How to Get Certified in Water Aerobics
- How to Train to Become an Aqua Aerobics Instructor