You will learn the proper method to terminate a RJ-45 Cat5e or 2-line telephone jack.
Things You'll Need
- Cable stripper
- 110 impact tool
- Cat5e 4 pair cable
Strip the jacket from the colored 4 pairs, leaving about 2 inches of wire exposed.
Separate the colored 4 pair wires.
Place the colored 4 pair wires into the corresponding slot on the jack.
Using the 110 impact tool, push the wire to the bottom of the slot until the excess wire is cut.
Tips & Warnings
- Do not untwist the individual pairs.
- Keep the jacket as close to the jack as possible.
- Make sure the wires make good contact with the jack.
- Always wear eye protection.
- Unplug cables from switches, hubs, routers, and any other devices that maybe connected.