Nude Beaches are increasing in popularity as our society lowers its inhibitions, and we are finding freedom in letting go of some previously accepted norms. Use this information to help you find a nude beach in Southern California.
Black's Beach in La Jolla, San Diego County is a great option for those who wish to find a nude beach in Southern California. The clothing optional area is in the northern portion of the beach owned by the state. This area is surrounded by cliffs made of sandstone that tower 300 feet above the beach. In some spots, the beach between the cliffs and the ocean is as wide as 60 feet. The sand is actually black and white. At high tide, that 60 foot wide area of sand almost disappears.
San Onofre Beach is also in San Diego County in Southern California near Camp Pendelton. If you are in Los Angeles and Orange County, this is the closest nude beach to you. The folks on this beach are generally pleasant. Because the beach is frequently patrolled, sex acts are rare here. When the weather is warm, you will find 200 or so nude sunbathers on this beach. There are more men than women and most people who come here come often. There are some facilities at San Onofre Beach you may not find at other nude beaches. There are showers, sinks, and toilets along with campsites and drink machines.
Guadalupe Dunes is in San Luis Obispo County. It is located to the southwest of Pismo Beach. There are very few people at this beach, so privacy is almost guaranteed. The beach is beautiful and there are more than 200 types of birds to watch.
Tips & Warnings
- To find Black's Beach, take I-5 and exit onto Genessee Avenue. Travel westbound .8 miles and turn left onto North Torrey Pines Road. Drive another .2 mile and turn right onto Torrey Pines Scenic Road. Go all the way to the end of the road and park in the dirt lot. Just be sure to leave the parking lot by sunset when the lot closes.
- To reach San Onofre, take I-5 and exit onto Basilone Road. Travel on Basilone until you reach the state park. Do not go to the state beach. You will find the entrance to the San Onofre about a half mile south of the nuclear plant's entrance. Once you are inside the state park, continue to drive 3 miles until you reach the parking lot. There is a fee charged for the parking lot. Come early-the parking lot can be full by 9:00 in the morning. You will want to take Beach Trail #6 and then walk south for 20 minutes or so. Once you pass the lifeguard station and gully, you are there!
- To Guadalupe Dunes, travel on US101 to Santa Maria and exit onto CA166. Take the road west until you reach Guadalupe. Drive west for another 8.8 miles and CA166 will end at CA1. Turn right onto CA1. Go 3.7 miles and turn left onto Oso Flaco Lake Road. Continue another 3.1 miles and turn into Oso Flaco State Vehicular Recreation Area. Expect to pay a $4 parking fee for each vehicle. You will walk south on the beach for about two miles to reach the dunes.
- Wear shoes when you go to Guadalupe Dunes.
- If you visit Black's Beach, do not go into the southern area without clothes on. You run the risk of a $135 fine. Also, there are stingrays in Black's Beach, so move your feet around while in the water to avoid injury.
- Do not wander onto the military base at San Onofre Beach. You will be issued a citation.
- If you see someone in a tent on San Onofre Beach, be careful. They may be taking pictures.
About Nude Beaches
For many people, the idea of sunbathing or swimming in the nude seems as natural as showering or sleeping naked. Even though...
How to Find a Nude Beach in Monterey County, California
Nude Beaches are increasing in popularity as our society lowers its inhibitions, and we are finding freedom in letting go of some...
How to Find a Nude Beach in Northern California
Nude Beaches are increasing in popularity. As our society lowers its inhibitions, we are finding freedom in letting go of some previously...
How to Find a Nude Beach in Alabama
It is possible to find nude bathing areas in Alabama. Here are a few suggestions, including swimming holes that may be used...
How to Find a Quiet Beach in Southern California
Southern California is known for its warm, sandy beaches. But if you are headed there and you are looking for a quiet...
Beaches to Stay at Near Mobile, Ala.
Alabama’s sugar sand Gulf of Mexico beaches are about an hour’s drive south of Mobile. Warm water laps against soft sand, inviting...
Florida Adult Beaches
Usually when you hear the term "adult" used in reference to something it means of a mature nature. When it comes to...
Nudist Resorts Near Big Sur, California
The entirety of the Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park grounds are "clothing required" by law. However, many naturist resorts in and around...
Clothing-Optional Resorts in Palm Springs, California
The city of Palm Springs in Southern California is a secluded resort destination tucked into the shadow of the San Jacinto Mountains,...