Nude Beaches are increasing in popularity as our society lowers its inhibitions, and we are finding freedom in letting go of some previously accepted norms. Use this information to help you find a nude beach in Southern California.
Black's Beach in La Jolla, San Diego County is a great option for those who wish to find a nude beach in Southern California. The clothing optional area is in the northern portion of the beach owned by the state. This area is surrounded by cliffs made of sandstone that tower 300 feet above the beach. In some spots, the beach between the cliffs and the ocean is as wide as 60 feet. The sand is actually black and white. At high tide, that 60 foot wide area of sand almost disappears.
San Onofre Beach is also in San Diego County in Southern California near Camp Pendelton. If you are in Los Angeles and Orange County, this is the closest nude beach to you. The folks on this beach are generally pleasant. Because the beach is frequently patrolled, sex acts are rare here. When the weather is warm, you will find 200 or so nude sunbathers on this beach. There are more men than women and most people who come here come often. There are some facilities at San Onofre Beach you may not find at other nude beaches. There are showers, sinks, and toilets along with campsites and drink machines.
Guadalupe Dunes is in San Luis Obispo County. It is located to the southwest of Pismo Beach. There are very few people at this beach, so privacy is almost guaranteed. The beach is beautiful and there are more than 200 types of birds to watch.
Tips & Warnings
- To find Black's Beach, take I-5 and exit onto Genessee Avenue. Travel westbound .8 miles and turn left onto North Torrey Pines Road. Drive another .2 mile and turn right onto Torrey Pines Scenic Road. Go all the way to the end of the road and park in the dirt lot. Just be sure to leave the parking lot by sunset when the lot closes.
- To reach San Onofre, take I-5 and exit onto Basilone Road. Travel on Basilone until you reach the state park. Do not go to the state beach. You will find the entrance to the San Onofre about a half mile south of the nuclear plant's entrance. Once you are inside the state park, continue to drive 3 miles until you reach the parking lot. There is a fee charged for the parking lot. Come early-the parking lot can be full by 9:00 in the morning. You will want to take Beach Trail #6 and then walk south for 20 minutes or so. Once you pass the lifeguard station and gully, you are there!
- To Guadalupe Dunes, travel on US101 to Santa Maria and exit onto CA166. Take the road west until you reach Guadalupe. Drive west for another 8.8 miles and CA166 will end at CA1. Turn right onto CA1. Go 3.7 miles and turn left onto Oso Flaco Lake Road. Continue another 3.1 miles and turn into Oso Flaco State Vehicular Recreation Area. Expect to pay a $4 parking fee for each vehicle. You will walk south on the beach for about two miles to reach the dunes.
- Wear shoes when you go to Guadalupe Dunes.
- If you visit Black's Beach, do not go into the southern area without clothes on. You run the risk of a $135 fine. Also, there are stingrays in Black's Beach, so move your feet around while in the water to avoid injury.
- Do not wander onto the military base at San Onofre Beach. You will be issued a citation.
- If you see someone in a tent on San Onofre Beach, be careful. They may be taking pictures.
How to Find a Nude Beach in Northern California
How to Find a Nude Beach in Southern California; How to Find a Nude Beach in Marin County, California; How to Coordinate...
How to Find a Nude Beach in Monterey County, California
How to Find a Nude Beach in Southern California. Nude Beaches are increasing in popularity as our society lowers its inhibitions, ...
How to Find a Quiet Beach in Southern California
Restaurants Open on Christmas Day in Orange County, California. ... How to Find a Nude Beach in Southern California. How to Find...
Florida Adult Beaches
However, most nude beaches are typically family friendly and children are welcome, although some adults don't find these beaches appropriate for children....
How to Find a Nude Beach in Alabama
How to Find a Nude Beach in Alabama. ... How to Find Cheap Hotels in Orange Beach Alabama. ... List of Nude...
Beaches to Stay at Near Mobile, Ala.
Dauphin Beach is on Dauphin Island in Mobile County. ... Visitors to Orange Beach can enjoy not only the beach and the...
California Laws on Backyard Nude Sunbathing
How to Find a Nude Beach in Marin County, California. Nude beaches are increasing in popularity as society lowers its inhibitions, ...
About Nude Beaches
How to Find a Nude Beach in Northern California. Nude Beaches are increasing in popularity. As our society lowers its inhibitions, ...
Clothing-Optional Resorts in Palm Springs, California
The city of Palm Springs in Southern California is a secluded resort ... Popular activities at this property include a free nude...
Nudist Resorts Near Big Sur, California
How to Find a Nude Beach in Vermont. Vermont is, in most cases, ... Laguna Beach is a small oceanside city in...