Traveling from Stockholm to Copenhagen allows for a multicultural vacation with a destination in another nation. Traveling from one capital city to another by train is a unique experience as one goes from the heart of Scandinavia, across Sweden, and finally through the gateway to Northern Europe.
Things You'll Need
- Computer with internet connection
Enjoy Frequent and Fast Train Service From Stockholm to Copenhagen
Depart Stockholm without stress. Trains leave Stockholm for Copenhagen every hour from 5:20 a.m. until 6:25 p.m. on weekdays and every 2 hours on Saturdays.
Take a Swedish high speed train. The Swedish X2000 is the only train on the Stockholm to Copenhagen route. The trip to Malmo and the ensuing crossing of the Oresund Bridge takes 5 hours and 17 minutes.
Decide on a seat before you book your tickets. Book first class and first class Plus seats for extra amenities. The difference between first and second class on a night train is the difference between a private compartment or sleeping accomodations for as many as six people.
Consider a Rail Pass to Help Book Tickets From Stockholm to Copenhagen
Purchase a Scanrail pass for a lower fare to Copenhagen. Use the Scanrail pass specifically designed to offer discounts for travel between Scandinavian countries.
Buy a Eurail pass if you plan to continue your travel in Europe. Multiple Eurail passes are available dependent on your specific travel needs and are honored in Sweden, Denmark, and bordering European countries such as Germany.
Tour Copenhagen Once You Arrive by Train
See the city as a pedestrian. The area of Strøget is closed to all vehicles so shoppers can walk freely amongst live performers and street vendors as well as restaurants, bars, and shops.
Spend a day and night at Tivoli Gardens. The world-famous amusement park has thrill rides to entertain the young and old alike but is also known for its nighttime lighting and decorations during Christmas.
Tips & Warnings
- Swedish X2000 trains offer extra services like providing a custom classical music station and telephone and noise-free carriages.
- Check out the Oresund Bridge. Direct X2000 trains cross the Oresund Bridge which consists of a manmade island, an underwater tunnel, and a bridge that links the countries of Sweden and Denmark.
- To book train travel From Stockholm To Copenhagen, call Raileurope at 1-888-382-RAIL or visit the link below.
- There is overnight train service from Stockholm to Copenhagen; however, the train is much slower on some routes and on other routes there are stops.