Whether you're taking the train north from London to Liverpool for business, or just have a really bad case of Beatlemania, make your short trip more convenient when you book your travel online. Read on to learn how to book train travel from London to Liverpool.
Things You'll Need
- Computer With Internet Access
Book Train Travel From London to Liverpool
Log on to the Web site of one of the major rail carriers that services Liverpool, such as Virgin or National Rail, to check services and timetables. You can also book train travel from London to Liverpool by calling Rail Europe at (888) 382-RAIL or by visiting the link below.
Book your travel on one of the Web sites, using the reservation function. Choose London's Euston Station as your point of departure.
Ask your hotel to make your train reservations for you, or at least recommend a knowledgeable travel agent within walking distance.
Purchase your tickets at Euston Station, using either one of the ticket counters or the automated machines. You should only do this during non-peak hours to avoid delays, as trains call fill up quickly.
Travel to Liverpool by steam train, a nostalgic choice that is becoming a surprisingly popular way to travel within England, Scotland and Wales.
Enjoy Your Trip to Liverpool
Decide whether you want to arrive in Lime Street Station, the main rail terminal in Liverpool, or the James Street Station, which is close to the Albert Docks.
Choose first-class accommodations if you want to take a catnap or stretch out during your trip. First-class accommodations are usually less crowded than second-class.
Use the extensive MerseyRail system to get around Liverpool or travel to other cities in northern England.
Tips & Warnings
- Consider storing most of your belongings back in London, either at the train station or at your hotel, in order to travel more lightly in Liverpool. Many hotels are happy to do this for a small fee.
- Consider buying one of the many available rail passes, which offers unlimited travel within specific time frames, if you're planning on visiting other cities in northern England.
- Reserve as early as possible in order to take advantage of the best prices and special discounts offered by the many rail carriers.
- Pickpockets have been known to target trains going to Liverpool because of their high concentration of tourists. Alway keep a close watch on all of your belongings, especially right before the train arrives in the station.
How to Get to London Stansted Airport
This is the quickest way to get to and from the airport at only 45 minutes from Liverpool Street station. ... How...
How to Travel to Luton Airport in London by Train
How to Travel to Luton Airport in London by Train. London Luton Airport is located in the Borough of Luton, ... How...