If you're not a creative person, interior decorating is something you probably dread. A lot of thought is put behind choosing room colors, furniture, linens, lighting fixtures and wall decor. When interior designing isn't your thing, opt to have someone else do it for you. There are many options when it comes to home design. For your room makeover, consider entering a contest to appear on TV and win a room makeover.
Visit the websites of home design TV companies, such as HGTV and DIY Network.
Click the links reading "Be on HGTV" or "Be On DIY Network."
Scroll down the pages and read the available TV show castings. The lists are updated regularly, so if there are no shows you're interested in applying for, check back in a few weeks.
Choose a show you're interested in learning more about. Clicking the title of the show or a "More Info" link takes you to a Web page listing all of the requirements to appear on that show. To apply to be on a show, you may be required to be a certain age. You also may have to write about what room you want a makeover for, send in a video or picture of the space and discuss some information about yourself and what you're looking for out of a room makeover. You also need to list your contact information.
Consider applying to TV shows that require you to pay up front for a room makeover. Although it isn't free like most other opportunities, you'll still be able to appear on television and have your space designed by professionals.
Tips & Warnings
- If you're required to submit a video, be excited and personable. It also helps to know exactly what you're looking for from a room makeover.
- Sending in your entry to appear on a room makeover show does not guarantee you will be selected. Apply to several opportunities to increase your chances.
- Photo Credit Jupiterimages/Photos.com/Getty Images
How to Get on a Home Improvement Show
Home improvement television shows bring professional designers and decorators into your home to record the redecorating process and air it on television...
- How to Get on an HGTV Show
- How to Get Chosen for the "Divine Design" TV Program