Skype users can block unsolicited calls from anyone they choose. Here's how to block unwanted calls on Skype:
Things You'll Need
- Skype account
Block Calls From a Contact
Log in to your Skype account and click the Contacts tab--it shows a silhouette of a person--in the center section of the window.
Right-click the name of the contact, which will open a pop-up window.
Click "Block User" in the pop-up window.
Block Calls From Non-Contacts
Click "View" on the menu at the top of your application window.
Click "Statusbar" in the View menu only if it is not already checked.
Locate the status bar at the bottom of the Skype window. Click the downward-pointing arrow to view your options.
Prevent calls from people who are not on your contact list by disabling the "Skype Me" mode. See the Tips section below for other options.
Tips & Warnings
- An "X" in a faded talk bubble signifies that you are offline or have chosen to remain invisible.
- A checkmark on a green talk bubble indicates that you are online and ready for chatting by phone or computer.
- A white clock on a green talk bubble signifies that you are online but away from your computer.
- A gray clock on a green talk bubble means that you are online but not available for chatting.
- A red circle with a white bar indicates that you are online but do not want to be disturbed.
- Do not accept unsolicited chat or call invitations unless you are prepared to remain on the other party's contact list.
How to Block Unwanted Calls to Your Cell Phone
If you're tired of the telemarketers, not only calling your cell phone, but texting your mobile phone as well, here's a definite...
How to Block Skype on a Router
Skype is a voice over IP (VoIP) application that allows you to make phone calls over the Internet. If you want to...
How to Block Caller ID on Skype
Skype is a software application that harnesses Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology, allowing millions of users around the world to enjoy...
How to Know if a Skype Contact Has Blocked You
How to Block Unwanted Calls on Skype. Skype users can block unsolicited calls from anyone they choose. Here's how to block unwanted...
How to Block a Contact on Skype
Here's how to block a contact on Skype: tech section. Computers. Desktops; Laptops & Netbooks; Software; Home ... How to Block Unwanted...
How to Block Unwanted Telephone Calls on Home Phones
Annoying phone calls can come from many different sources. Telemarketers, bill collectors, co-workers, relatives and even certain acquaintances can become ...
How to Hide Your Skype Number
If you have paid for a phone number through Skype, others will be able to see your number when you call them...
How to Remove Skype Contacts
Skype is a cross-platform instant messaging program that allows you to send and receive instant texts and perform video conferences with family...