Your Blogger blog is your own personal Web site that you can use for personal or professional ends. It is a quick and easy way to reach out and interact with other online visitors and share experiences or thoughts. The Blogger URL is the Web address that people use to access your posts. When you create the blog, you can attach to it any URL, provided that it is available and meets the character regulations for a Web address. You can also change your blog's URL at any time. Here's how to do it.
Log into Dashboard.
Select the blog that you want to modify.
Click the Settings tab.
Edit the new Web address (URL).
Republish the blog so that the posts appear in their new location.
Tips & Warnings
- In order to get your own URL, you first have to get a registered domain and then pay for the hosting.
- It is important that you remember to save the settings and any modifications brought to the blog.
- The operation will only be successful if the desired URL is not yet taken.
- You can also redirect visitors from the old Web address to the new one.
- If you get an error message (e.g. "sorry, this blog address is not available") when trying to change the blog URL, it means that the specified Web address is either taken or there is something wrong with the chosen URL.
- To bring more traffic to your blog, you can add news feeds to your blog chosen from several news categories.
- You should take into consideration that if you change the Web address of a certain blog, the existing links that point to it would become dead links. This becomes a problem when the blog has been around for a while because it will have to be indexed all over again by the search engines. The operation will cost time and people trying to access your blog will get only dead links.
How to Select a Name and URL for a Blog
Starting a new blog? Make your URL and your blog name work for you. Other People Are Reading How to Get a...
How to Change My Blog Name
How to Change a Wordpress URL; ... WordPress and Blogger allow you to change the name of your blog as often as...
How to Change a Profile Photo in Your Blogger Blog
How to Change a Profile Photo in Your Blogger Blog. ... You'll also see a place to insert the URL of the...
How to Change a Wordpress URL
Blogging has taken the Internet by storm the last few years. With the rise in popularity, blogs have become more sophisticated. Wordpress...
How to Make a Good URL for Tumblr
If the URL is free, Tumblr will create a blog with your chosen URL address. Related Searches. References. Tumblr; Resources. Read this...
How to Make a URL Into HTML Code to Embed in a Blog
If you've found interesting online content that you want to share with visitors to your blog then you might want to embed...