How to Prepare for a Road Trip? There is nothing better then a road trip with friends and or family. Its a inexpensive way to have fun and get away. But there is nothing worse then being unprepared and ending up being stressed out on the road.
Things You'll Need
Get the car ready. Be sure to have the oil changed, tire pressure checked, fluids topped off and a full tank of gas. Also check the window wipers and headlights!
Stock up on a varity of snacks and beverages. Since everybody had different taste be sure to get easy to eat fruits and vegitables in addition to the cookies, candy and crackers.
Grab cd's, tapes and your ipod. When on a road trip you never know when a radio signal won't come in.
Also a good idea to bring your favorite book or magazine. Everybody in the car can participate in a magazine quiz!
Bring a few pillows and blankets. You are going to be in the car for awhile and you'll want to be comfortable.
Be sure to grab your binoculars, camera, film, and batteries. You'll want to document all the neat stuff you'll see on the road.
Most of all when on a road trip...HAVE FUN and use your IMAGINATION!!
Tips & Warnings
- Consider having a back-up oil and water in the car
- Don't forget the jumper cables (for you or another road tripper)
- Bring lots of drinking water
- Be sure to keep handy wipes for sticky hands and spills
- Plastic grocery bags make great garbage sacks
- Remember to charge your cell phone and/or bring a car charger
- Sleepy drivers are dangerous drivers!
- Eating to much while driving can make you slugish.
- Rest stops can be dirty and unattented, bring your own soap!
- Beware of the police!