The small, dark green leaves of watercress are often used as a garnish, but their slightly bitter, peppery taste is appreciated in many soups, sandwiches and salads. The contrasts of color and flavor in this salad makes it a delicious accompaniment for fish dishes.
Things You'll Need
- 3 bunches watercress, washed, dried and tough stems removed
- 2 oranges, sectioned, membranes removed and sections halved
- 1/4 cup thin-sliced mild red radishes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- Green onions
- Celery salt
- Orange Juice
- Vegetable Oil
- Lime Juice
Arrange watercress on a large platter or individual salad plates.
Divide the orange slices, radishes and green onions over each plate of watercress.
Combine the oil, orange juice, lime juice, sugar and celery salt in a blender or jar with a lid to make the dressing.
Blend or shake until smooth.
Drizzle the dressing over the salad. Serve immediately.