A hand-painted tie makes a personalized gift that Dad will cherish for years.
Things You'll Need
- Solid-color ties
- Fabric paint
Purchase a solid-color tie. Light colors, such as white or yellow, work best.
Avoid top-of-the-line ties, as they are quite expensive. Silk or polyester is fine.
Select some fabric paints. Use the kind that comes in squeeze bottles for easy application.
Draw the design you want on a piece of paper first to perfect it.
Try a design that lists all of the children's names or has a drawing of each child.
Allow the children to help. They can write their own names or draw pictures of themselves.
Add a saying such as "World's Greatest Dad" or "We Love Daddy."
Lay the tie flat.
Apply the paint to the tie carefully.
Allow the tie to dry overnight.
Tips & Warnings
- Be sure to put your design on the part of the tie that will be visible when Dad wears it.
- Open the twist tops of the paint bottles enough so that you get a steady stream of paint, but not so much that it comes out in globs.
- Wipe the tip of each paint bottle after using it.
- Place your letters and pictures far enough apart so that they don't run together.
How to Paint Over Tile
Believe it or not, you don't have to rip out that tile to get a fresh new look and color in your...
- How to Tie a Bow Tie
- How to Make Tye Dye Shirts With Spray Paint
Faux Tie-Dye Painting Technique
Tie-dye effects aren't just for clothing anymore. Whether you need a project to entertain the kids or just love brightly colored stationery,...
How to Tie-Dye Using Acrylic Paint
Traditional tie-dying involved tying and immersing the material. Using acrylic paint instead, and the process is easy enough for kids to join...
How to Decorate a Thanksgiving Table
Because of the amount of time spent around the table on Thanksgiving, you want your dinner table to stand out as a...