Like most clothes dryers, Samsung's exhaust out the back. This configuration works well in most homes; however, not all laundry rooms have an exhaust vent directly behind the dryer. If your vent is located to the side, Samsung recommends the use of the DV-1A side vent kit for dryers. This universal kit fits all Samsung models.
Things You'll Need
- Silver tape for hot air ducts
Unplug the dryer and pull it out from the wall.
Remove the exhaust hose from the dryer. Use a screwdriver to loosen the clamp.
Disassemble the dryer according to the manufacturer's directions. Remove the drum and belt.
Install the side vent kit according to the instruction manual. If the dryer is gas, you can only vent to the left; the heater is located on the right side of the dryer.
Reinstall the dryer drum and belt according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Attach a vent hose to the dryer exhaust duct and the vent. Plug the dryer in and push it back into place.
Tips & Warnings
- Samsung is made by Maytag.
- Tape all connections with silver tape manufactured specifically for hot air ducts; don't use duct tape.
- Wear gloves and safety glasses to protect your hands and eyes when removing the side vent cover.
- While many homeowners choose to use a flexible plastic vent hose to exhaust to the side, it may void your warranty. In addition, the build-up of lint in the bend of the hose is a fire hazard.