Manzanita branches are a versatile and elegant alternative for wedding reception table centerpieces with their many twisty yet sturdy thin branches that come in several colors. Their shape is compact yet open, making them ideal for displaying small objects, such as photos, or being left bare. Manzanita branches also are ideal as centerpieces because they will not block the view of guests seated at the table and can be decorated to suit any wedding theme or style.
Things You'll Need
- Manzanita branches (18 to 24 inches high)
- Glass vases (8 to 10 inches high)
- Water-storing vase filler gel beads
- Photo frames (2 by 3 inches)
- Wallet-size photographs of the bride and groom
- Satin ribbon
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Cut the manzanita branches to the height you'd like the centerpieces; generally 18 to 24 inches will be ideal. Select a vase shape and size that will support the branch and anything that will be hung from it. One manzanita branch and one vase will be needed for each table.
Fill the vase with gel beads and water according to the package instructions. Place the manzanita branch in the vase. Make sure the branch is secure. If it is not secure, add more beads or use a larger vase.
Determine the number of photo frames to be hung from each branch. Insert photos of the bride and groom into the miniature photo frames. For each frame cut a three-inch length of satin ribbon. Make a loop and tie or attach the ribbon to the back of the frame with hot glue.
Embellish the centerpiece. Spray paint the manzanita branches silver, gold or white or weave battery-operated strings of lights on to the branches.
Hang the picture frames from the manzanita branches. Make sure the branch can support the weight of the frame.
Tips & Warnings
- Choose gel beads and satin ribbon that complement the wedding colors.
- Guests can select a photo frame from the manzanita branches as their wedding favor.
- Use hanging votive or tea light candles instead of photo frames.
- Make sure the vase and gel beads can support the size and weight of the branch and anything hanging from it.
- Take care when using hot glue because it can burn your fingers.
- Manzanita Branches at MANZ-ANIA: Tutorial: Manzanita Wedding Trees/Centerpieces
- Crafting a Meaningful Home; Meg Mateo Ilasco; 2010
Cheap DIY Centerpieces With Manzanita Branches
Manzanita is a type of tree that grows close to the ground. Because it is usually growing in a harsh climate, the...
DIY Branch Centerpieces
Do it Yourself Centerpiece Ideas. ... Ideas for Centerpieces Using Branches From Trees. Tree branches offer a lovely alternative to traditional floral...
How to Grow a Manzanita Tree
How to Grow a Manzanita Tree. The branches of manzanitas are often used for table and other household decorations. ... Instructions. 1....