Refrigerators not only store food and beverages items, but they also act as mini art galleries where family photos and children’s pictures are proudly displayed. Such displays are traditionally held in place with magnets. For homeowners with stainless steel refrigerators, this not the case, since magnets do not stick to the non-iron surfaces of stainless steel refrigerators. Instead of magnets, homeowners can use removable and reusable putty adhesives and adhesive-backed picture hooks to hang pictures on the refrigerator.
Things You'll Need
- Adhesive putty
- Degreasing cleanser spray
- Soft cloth
- Adhesive-backed picture hooks
- Hole punch
Lay the front of the picture face down on a flat surface.
Roll four pea-sized pieces of adhesive putty into balls using your finger.
Place one ball in each of the four corners of the picture. Press each adhesive gently until it sticks.
Flip the picture over and place it against the refrigerator. Rub the surface of the picture with your hand, smoothing over the picture's corners to ensure a tight seal between the putty adhesive and the refrigerator.
Adhesive-Backed Picture Hooks
Spray the outer surface of the refrigerator with degreasing cleanser. Wipe the surface in a circular motion with a soft cloth.
Remove the protective wax paper strip from the back of the adhesive-backed picture hook.
Press the hook firmly against the refrigerator's surface.
Use a hole punch to create a hole at the top of the picture. Make sure to center the hole before pressing the hole punch. Slide the picture's hole through the picture hook.
Tips & Warnings
- Adhesive putty can become dirty, dusty or brittle, so change it every two to three months.
- If the refrigerator is in an area that receives 6 to 8 hours of direct sunlight, apply the adhesive-backed picture hooks instead of the putty. Adhesive putty may melt or become soft due to direct sunlight.
- Photo Credit Jupiterimages/Polka Dot/Getty Images