Hearty and warm, this may not be the most authentic goulash, but it's certainly tasty. Serves six.
Things You'll Need
- 2 lbs. round steak cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. dry thyme
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 c. sour cream
Put steak cubes, onion and garlic in Crock-Pot.
Add flour and stir to coat steak cubes.
Add salt, pepper, paprika, thyme and tomatoes. Stir well.
Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
Add sour cream 30 minutes before serving. Stir in thoroughly.
Tips & Warnings
- "Hot" paprika does exist, in addition to "sweet," so be sure you know what you're buying.
- If you want a little kick, though, add a pinch of cayenne with the paprika.
- The goulash tastes great over hot, buttered noodles. Try sprinkling some caraway seeds on the noodles, too.
- You can use reduced-fat sour cream for a slightly healthier meal.
How to Make Goulash
A hearty dish originating in Hungary, goulash is a meat-and-potatoes stew that gets its unique taste from its spicy red broth. Whether...
How to Make BBQ Ribs In Your Crock-Pot
**Start to finish**: 8 hours **Servings**: 4 **Difficulty level**: Beginner You can’t go wrong slow-cooking barbecue ribs; the process heats the sauce-infused...
How to Make a Traditional German Goulash Soup
Goulash, originally a dish from Hungary, is often served in German families for holidays or special occasions. Much like American family recipes,...
How to Make Goulash in a Pressure Cooker
Goulash originates from Hungary and is a beef-based stew or soup, cooked with paprika and onions and eaten with potatoes. It can...
How to Can Soup in a Pressure Cooker
Putting up soup requires preparing your soup differently than making soup to eat immediately. Soup must be canned in a pressure canner....
Thicken Sauce for Crock Pot Beef Stew
Learn how to thicken the sauce of your crock pot beef stew by adding flour and water in this free cooking video...