The workplace is growing more diverse every day. There are more Hispanics and international people moving to America as well as people of different creeds, cultures and ideologies. America's workforce is often called a "melting pot" because of its diversity.
Providing equal rights and opportunities to employees is the law. Companies can be fined or penalized if they do not comply with affirmative action or equal employment opportunity mandates, according to Diversityworld.com.
The proper management of workplace diversity enhances the overall productivity of a company. Lawsuits and grievances based on race, religion or gender can be both costly and time consuming.
Companies that manage diversity among their employees can get the most benefit out of each employee's unique talents, experiences, insight and creativity.
The successful management of workplace diversity reflects positively on a company. Many customers choose to do business with companies that are fair in both their hiring and promotional procedures.
The companies that properly manage diversity within their organization can increase their chances of doing business with more diverse vendors and partners, even on an international level.
- Photo Credit Jupiterimages/Brand X Pictures/Getty Images
- Importance of Diversity Training for Managers
- Why Is Diversity Good in the Workplace?
- Effective Management of Diversity in the Workplace
- Importance of Cultural Diversity in the Workplace
- Importance of Diversity in the Workplace
- Why a Performance Management System Is Important
- How to Manage Diversity in the Workplace
Why Is Global Business Important?
Global business helps business expand their market share and reduce production costs, breeds business competition, and stimulates growth in developing countries
- Importance of Organizational Skills in the Workplace
- Importance of Diversity & Inclusion in the Workplace
- The Importance of Diversity Training in the Workplace
- The Importance of Multicultural Management