If you can't be in two places at one time, how could you be in four places at once? Visit the Four Corners Monument on the Navajo Nation in the southwestern United States. A brass plate, which is the monument, marks the location where the states of Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico meet. Nowhere else in the United States do four state boundaries meet in this way.
Locating Four Corners
The quadripoint -- a place where four borders meet -- is created by the southeast corner of Utah, the southwest corner of Colorado, the northwest corner of New Mexico and the northeast corner of Arizona. Some have asserted that the location of the monument quadripoint is off by 2.5 miles, but the U.S. National Geological Survey issued a press release explaining the marking of the location, calling it "exactly right."
- Navajo Nation Parks and Recreation: Four Corners Monument
- Berntsen International: Four Corners Monument
- Four Corners Map
- U.S. National Geological Survey: Why the Four Corners Monument is in Exactly the Right Place
- Navajo Nation Parks and Recreation: Press Release: Four Corners Monument Still the Legally Recognized Landmark Despite Reports
- Photo Credit David Crowther/iStock/Getty Images
How Much Money Does a CPA Make?
As far as professional designations go, the certified public accountant, or CPA, certification is one of the most sought after, according to...