Red Wine Allergy Symptoms


Allergies to red wine are fairly common. The reaction can be from the alcohol, or from chemicals called salicylates that are found in grapes. Most symptoms are apparent within minutes of drinking the wine. If you have any of the following symptoms, you may have an allergy. It is not necessary to see a doctor unless the symptoms are extreme or last longer than a day.


The nasal and sinus cavities will become congested shortly after drinking the wine.


A headache may occur partly as a result of the pressure caused by the sinus congestion.


Your skin may become flushed or break out in rashes. There may also be an itching sensation without any apparent skin discolorations.


Nausea is a common symptom and extreme allergies may result in vomiting. See a doctor if you are vomiting profusely.


A severe allergic reaction can cause minor swelling of the face, feet, and hands.


You may experience asthma-like symptoms such as shortness of breath and wheezing. Get to the doctor if breathing becomes extremely difficult.

Related Searches


Promoted By Zergnet


You May Also Like

Related Searches

Check It Out

This Is the Beauty Routine of a Yelp Sales Manager

Is DIY in your DNA? Become part of our maker community.
Submit Your Work!