Oranges are full of nutrients and should be a part of your regular diet. However, some people may have an allergic reaction after eating them. Oranges have a chemical called salicylate which is the cause of the allergy. If you have these symptoms after eating an orange, you may be allergic to them.
There will be mild to severe stomach pain shortly after eating the orange. Some people may experience vomiting.
A headache is often the result of a food allergy.
The nasal and sinus cavities will become congested.
Rashes, hives and itchy skin are all indicators of an allergy.
The hands, feet and face may become swollen in extreme cases.
You may experience shortness of breath, wheezing and coughing.