Recently I celebrated my baby shower with my friends and family, and I was so lucky to have my mom host the baby shower at her new home in Nashville. My love for parties and entertaining was passed down from my mom so naturally, she decorated the shower to the nines! I loved absolutely every detail.
I’m so thrilled to share a few of my favorite details from the shower with all of you! You can see all the baby shower photos here on Pizzazzerie, but I’m sharing the full DIY for the flower garland and the recipe for the baby ham biscuits here. These were two of my favorite shower details.
The garland is a wonderful craft that can be used for years and years. I may even hang it in the nursery as decoration! The recipe for the baby ham biscuits is a family favorite for all celebrations from showers to holiday parties. I hope you enjoy both.
How to Make a Flower Garland
1. ITEMS NEEDED: heavy duty rope, scissors, silk flowers, glue gun, wire cutter
2. Use the wire cutter to trim down the back stalks of the silk flowers so they have a relatively flat surface.
3. Carefully place hot glue on the rope and adhere the silk flower. Hold for 30 seconds or until glue has cooled.
4. Continue until length of rope is completely covered with flowers! Hang with thumb-tacks or cup-hooks on mantel.
Baby Honey Ham Biscuits
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tablespoon honey
3 cans Pillsbury Grand Biscuits (8-count)
1/2 pound paper-thin-sliced ham (I used Smithfield)
1. Place biscuits on a floured surface and roll out slightly with a rolling pin.
2. Use a small (1-1/2″) round cutter to cut out 3 baby biscuits per large biscuits.
3. Bake at 375 degrees F for eight minutes or until golden brown.
4. Stir honey into melted butter and let come to room temperature.
5. Slice baby biscuits in half (not completely into two pieces but close, so they will stay together) and spread with honey butter.
6. Add in a couple slices of the thinly sliced ham and close.
7. Warm again in oven before serving (5-10 minutes).
Yields: 72 baby biscuits