Here comes treble: Signs that your little one might be the next piano (wo)man.
September ushers in many things: fall-themed coffee shop menus; new school year; a crispness in the air; and, of course, Classical Music Month. As a violist and classical music nerd, er… fan, myself, I thought we could celebrate this more refined genre of music by keeping an eye out for the next generation of classical musicians.
Is your child is destined for Carnegie Hall? Hmmmm. Let’s see…
7 Signs Your Child is the Next Mozart
7. Wears a shirt that says “HERE COMES TREBLE.”
6. Adds harmonizing notes to preschool teacher’s sheet music for “Wheels on the Bus” just to “punch it up a little.”
5. Asks if you can turn off Taylor Swift to listen to Beethoven’s Fantasia in C Minor instead.
4. Other kids dressing as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for Halloween, but yours…? Decked out as a symphony conductor.
3. The first three letters your child uttered were NPR.
2. Can’t use classical music setting on white noise machine because it’s “too exciting!”
1. His “lovey” is a bust of Franz Schubert.
Photo credit: iclipart.com
More from Candy Kirby