Remember when summer was about relaxation and fun? Yeah, me neither. Once you become a parent, those lazy-hazy-crazy days of summer fade into a distant memory, replaced by a new reality of endless chauffeuring and whines of “What can I do now?!” Although spending more time with the kiddos certainly can have its bright spots, the nonstop demands and activity would wear down even Wonder Woman after a while (but at least she’s smart enough to arm herself with a lasso). As we approach the midway point of school break, you may be wondering if you’re already suffering from Summer Break Burnout. Luckily for you, I happen to have seven telltale signs:
7 Signs You Already Have Summer Break Burnout
7. Your last Facebook status update contained one word: “HELP.”
6. You find yourself Googling “24/7 summer camps.”
5. When your 9-year-old asks for a ride to the pool again, you throw him the car keys and tell him to use the back roads, just to be “safe.”
4. You mindlessly slather the kids’ faces with toothpaste instead of sunscreen.
3. You hear yourself actually suggesting that your daughter download the One Direction movie, just so you can get a couple hours of peace.
2. You put Bananarama’s “Cruel Summer” on full blast every time you have to transport the kids somewhere.
1. The “Back-to-School” section at Target brings a tear of joy to your eyes.
If you have experienced any of these signs, I recommend visiting your local spa or wine bar for treatment immediately.
Photo Credit: iclipart.com
More from Candy Kirby