Whether you’re thinking about selling your home and want to make a good first impression or just want to make the most of your home’s appearance, here are six practical curb appeal tips that will help you get the most visual bang for your buck.
1. Paint the exterior of your home with a friendly, warm and welcoming color palette.
When this homeowner decided the exterior of her home didn’t reflect her mood or personality, she went from this…
The new color palette is certainly much more inviting.
2. Paint just the front door if you’ve got limited funds and/or time. Nothing makes a statement like a front door, so make it really stand out with a bold color that complements the exterior color scheme and overall style of your home.
By changing the color of this front door from stark white to navy blue, the owners of this home really made it stand out.
3. Install a new, front-facing garage door. If your front-facing garage door has seen its day, bite the bullet and get a new one.
The great thing about a garage door makeover is that it can typically be done in one day.
How’s that for instant gratification!
4. Install new exterior light fixtures. Choose a style that brings your home up to the 21st century.
What a great, inexpensive upgrade!
5. Install new address numbers. Make a statement. Select large numbers that people can actually see from the curb and a finish that complements your color palette and fixtures.
6. Re-landscape the path to your door and add interest with color and layers. Who says a yard has to be all grass? The curved orange wall, bamboo plants and slate stepping stones make this area appear linear…yet whimsical.