I started eating 100 percent organic a few years ago—and salad greens are on the top of my list of favorites. I try to find ways that showcase the beautiful textures and fresh, lightly mineral flavors. And did you know that organic greens aren’t that much more expensive than conventional greens? Not to mention the flavor is so much better. You need less dressing and fewer other ingredients when you buy high quality organic lettuce.
This dish I’ve created of greens, beets and mint is a delicious recipe that’s easy to create for lunch or dinner and is packed with vitamins and minerals.
If you’re looking for something heartier, toss in 1 cup of cooked quinoa or add a gluten free whole grain tortilla. The tortilla can be used as a wrap (stuffing the salad inside), or simply tear off some pieces and toss it into your bowl.
If you can’t find Meyer lemons, no worries—you can use regular lemons for the dressing. Enjoy!
Fresh Mint & Beet Salad with Meyer Lemon Dressing
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Vegetarian & Vegan
- 1 cup Earthbound Farm Organic Zen Blend
- 6 cups organic arugula
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 4 large beets, scrubbed and cleaned
- 4 gluten-free whole grain tortillas, toasted
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoon Meyer lemon juice
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the Zen blend, arugula, cherry tomatoes, almonds and mint; set aside.
- Thinly slice beets or use a spiralizer to create thin slices. Add to the salad mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, lemon juice, shallot, sea salt and pepper; drizzle over salad mixture and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately with toasted gluten-free tortillas.
Note: Want to make this salad ahead of time? Simply cover and chill while keeping the dressing on the side until ready to serve, and then serve at room temperature.